Welcome to Wise Monkey's Financial Coach Practitioner Certificate Trainings
Wise Monkey Financial Coaching was founded by Simonne Gnessen in 2002 after working as a fee-based independent financial adviser for 10 years. Stepping away from the traditional industry to pioneer a new holistic approach to helping people with the money side of their lives, she formed the first Financial Coaching company in the UK.
Financial coaching empowers clients to develop their practical and emotional relationship with money without advising them on products.
Simonne and her team offer popular courses, training over 150 people so far to become financial coaches to meet a real, growing need.
For more about Simonne and Wise Monkey, check out Simonne's website.Find out more about our Trainings
Immersive training experience
- 54 hours of live online training sessions over eight weeks, plus a blended learning experience involving self study and practise coaching sessions.
- All sessions recorded and available for replay.
- A huge range of skills, resources and methodologies shared throughout the training.
- 100% participative - we’re huge advocates of learning that ENGAGES! Lots of games, exercises, Jamboards and energisers. We use a combination of proven training techniques that embed learning and hold participants’ attention.
- You'll take away a manual, and have access to an online folder, packed full of invaluable resources specifically designed to set you up with all you need to start coaching clients of your own.
- We use an online training platform to run alongside the live training sessions, and available for at least 6 months after the course has ended. Click here to watch a demo video showing you around the platform.
- Small group sizes guaranteed, to ensure a high trainer to participant ratio. This provides plenty of opportunity for you to practise, and perfect with the help of the team, the skills and tools you learn during the week.
- Lots of coaching practise to embed learning, and case studies designed to give you the experience of working with clients.
- You'll be issued a Financial Coach Practitioner Certificate on completion of the course.
Train with us
We currently offer two core trainings, run live online in small groups multiple times per year:
Financial Coach Practitioner Certificate Training
An opportunity for people who are interested in establishing their own financial coaching practice, or add financial coaching skills to their existing practice.
This live online training is the UK's market leading course in financial coaching.
Small group sizes are guaranteed, which means you get extensive hands-on learning and focused feedback as you grow your skills. On completion, you're invited to join the supportive, inspiring network of Wise Monkey financial coaches.
Personal Finance Seminar Series
A series of three 90-minute seminars, designed for delegates who do not have formal training in personal finance - or those who simply wish to broaden their personal finance knowledge.
Our live and interactive seminar series takes place online in small groups.
You'll receive content-rich presentations on topics such as taxation, pensions, savings and investments, as well as a learning log and signposts to further information, to raise your confidence and skill level across personal finance.
Welcome to Wise Monkey! Read about us below or view our profiles:Meet the training team
Professor George Callaghan
Trainer and Practising Financial Coach
Expert in the area of Economics and Personal Finance and a Senior Lecturer at The Open University teaching Economics and Personal Finance.
George leads the Personal Finance Seminar Series and is one of the instructors on the Financial Coach Practitioner Certificate Training.
Client Relationship Manager
Qualified psychotherapist and recruitment consultant, and your first port of call when you enquire about training as a financial coach.
Jo provides trainee support across all our trainings and also plays 'client' for role-plays during the Financial Coach Practitioner Certificate Training and during the integration weeks.